The Commission invites papers for a Special Issue of The Cartographic Journal that is planned for November 2018 entitled “Topographic Mapping: Past, Present and Future”. Contributions may involve research on any aspect of topographic mapping and are especially encouraged from providers, from national and multi-national mapping organisations to community mapping groups. In particular, we welcome submissions relating to the following topics:
- Advances in production techniques
- Initiatives for topographic data interoperability and harmonisation
- History of topographic mapping
- Relevance and use of topographic maps
- National styles of cartography
- New methods of portrayal, especially involving non-representational approaches
A title and abstract of no more than 200 words should be sent to Dr Alex Kent or Dr Anja Hopstock by 1st March 2018 (deadline extended!). Full papers will be from 4000-8000 words and notification of acceptance will be made to all authors by 30th April 2018.